- Gou’wil Da Lalouluwuk (Taking Care of People) - Health and Human Services
- Laqilh Haluni' (Valued Elders) Program
Laqilh Haluni' (Valued Elders) Program
Services for Elders
Operating through COVID, we operate a weekday Elder meal delivery service, focusing on healthy, nutritious foods to promote health and wellness. Those eligible are Elders, age 55+, who are enrolled in a Federally recognized Native American Tribe, along with their spouse and/or one (1) optional caretaker. Our service area is 30-miles from Table Bluff Reservation (as far as McKinleyville to the north, Blue Lake to the east, and Scotia to the south).
The Title VI program also includes providing the following services for our participants:
- Light Housekeeping
- One Free Cord of Wood per Year - Elder Wood Delivery Acknowledgement
- Respite Care
- Supplemental Services to complement the care provided by caregivers
- Rides for medical appointments, food shopping, and bill paying
- Support for accessibility home remodeling (ramps, rails)
To sign-up, please complete and return the application to the Health & Human Services Department, 1000 Wiyot Drive, Loleta, CA 95551, or call her for more information at 707-733-5055.
Services for Caregivers
- Assistance for caregivers
New to being or caregiver or facing new challenges as a caregiver? Call us for support.
Also, download (or call the HHS Dept for a physical copy) of this comprehensive caregiver's guide.
Published by the National Institute on Aging, the handbook offers guidance on topics such as finding home- and community-based services, choosing a long-term care facility, and managing caregiving costs. It also includes a home safety checklist and worksheets to help manage medications and coordinate caregiving responsibilities.
Lists of questions to ask before hiring a care provider or moving a care recipient into one’s home
Although the handbook focuses on the needs of elders, it is intended for anyone providing care to a friend or family member who needs help with daily living.
NIA Caregiver's Handbook
- Individual Counseling, Caregiver Training, and Support Groups for their caregivers